Suppot my blog. Please donate.

Friday, July 15, 2011

What should I eat?

"What is a balanced diet"?  Many people struggle with this question every day.  In fact, the rate of obesity in American continues to increase.  I, as a personal trainer, have or a been asked many times to give diet advice to my clients.  Just to clarify, I am not a nutritionist, but I can guide you in the right direction. 

Most people do not have the time to weigh and measure every morsel of food three times a day.  Here is a simple guide line for those of us that lead a simple life. 

Make half your plate fruits and vegetable.
Fill one quarter of your plate with lean protein.
The last quarter with whole grains.

Lastly, be sure to switch from whole milk to non fat milk.  not only do you need to take care of your outside of you need to take care of your inside too.

Stay healthy.

No comments: