Suppot my blog. Please donate.

Friday, July 29, 2011

But I am not a runner.

The easiest form and cheapest form of exercise is to take of running.  When I suggest this to clients I hear this statement over and over again, " I am not a runner".   The truth is, neither am I.  Many people that race in the 5k and 10k races are walkers.  If you train the right way you be able to finish the race in less than a 15 minute mile.  Believe me, when you finish a race that is the most fabulous feeling of accomplishment in the world.

For some people who have high expectations who would  like to run a half marathon or a marathon, go for it.  but for others, start out slow.

For most people like myself we need to start out slowly and train for a 5k. The first week walk for 5 minutes then run for 1 minute.  Walk for 5 minutes and run for 1 minute.  Repeat for this for 3 miles. 

Second week walk for 4 minutes and run for 2 minutes. Repeat this for 3 mile.

Third week walk  for 3 minutes and run for 3 minutes. Repeat this for 3 miles. 

Keep this up until you are fully running the full 3.1  miles.

Once you achieve this goal than you are ready to move on to a 10k or a half marathon or a marathon!!  Or you can just work on your speed and improve your personal best. 

Good luck. 

No comments: