Suppot my blog. Please donate.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A look back, looking forward.

As 2011 comes to a close and we all await the start of 2012 there are many thoughts that come across my mind. What will my fitness goal be? As I undergo this massive event I think to myself what advice would I give my own clients when they ask me? I should do the same? Shouldn't I, practice what I preach?

The first thing to think about is that you should start out small. Do not bite off more then you can chew. If you have never really exercised before and you goal is to run 3 marathons, you will be setting yourself up for failure. If you start off with small weekly goals than monthly and continue to build from there you will have much more success. For example, I will go to the gym 3 days this week and do 30 minutes of cardio.

Second, remember that fitness is a lifestyle change. It is a good idea to start with a good diet that has all the main food groups in it. If you are not sure what these are you can either contact me or your local nutritionist.

Third, be patient. Think about how long it took you to get out of shape. It is not like you woke up one day and you were fit and the next day you weren't. It is a lot harder to get into shape then to get out of shape. But the benefits of being in shape out way the benefits of being out of shape.

Finally, as I mentioned earlier, that this was a lifestyle change. You need to laydown a good foundation to get results. Get involved in community events as part of your fitness goals. Tis will allow you to remain and stay active and achieve the long term goals that are generally the hardest to achieve.

No comments: